Tuesday 11 August 2009

Call on me?


Recently, with the media telling me I am either a fat slob or an obsessive fitness freak to the point of an eating disorder. I decided I, probably falling in the middle, had better pick a team. I weighed up my options and picked B, the fitness freak. Well, perhaps freak is a tad extreme. This resulted in me going to step aerobics twice a week at my local lesuire centre.

It struck me last night, as I stood lunging and watching the collection of other exasperated women, all stood in front of a huge mirror- what I can only assume to be some sort of sick joke. The symmetry however, was inspiring. Not wanting to be the only odd bobbing head was even motivational. I am not suprised this inspired the idelogical images of exersise featured in such videos as Eric Prydz 'Call on me'.

This however, was not my reality. I had been duped by the media. Sold the advertisers ideal. Something as a designer . I should be more aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment